This week's edition of “NCDOT Now,” the department's weekly video news update, is now online. Just click below to watch it.
This week on “NCDOT Now”:
* Our project to fortify two of the Triangle's busiest roads is now under way. Find out why it will help strengthen the community and how you can get the latest information on the ways it may affect your commute.
* More than 1,600 people attended the public meetings to learn about our project to Complete 540. But, there is still time to share your thoughts about finishing Raleigh's Outer Loop. We'll show you how.
* A project in Jacksonville will honor the 273 service members who died in the Beirut bombing in 1983. Hear from NCDOT Secretary Tony Tata as he explains why memorializing these marines is so important.
* One bad decision to drink and drive will haunt you this Halloween. We'll highlight how you can celebrate Fright Night safely.
* More and more people are riding the rails in North Carolina. Find out why passengers enjoy taking the train between Charlotte and Raleigh.
“NCDOT Now” is posted every week. A video podcast version is available via iTunes. People with digital media players, such as iPods or iPads, as well as smartphones, can download “NCDOT Now” directly to their devices and play them back anytime, anywhere and get automatic updates of new programs. Subscribe for free by clicking here.
“NCDOT Now” is also available on the department’s YouTube page. Current and past editions of the broadcast are easily accessible by clicking on “Playlists” and selecting “NCDOT Now.”
An RSS feed of the program is also offered for those who want to subscribe and receive automatic updates via email each time a new edition is posted.
|Click this image to view at original resolution|