Reminders Help Customers Come Prepared for Shorter Waits
RALEIGH — The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles has posted a few tips on its website to help customers determine the best office to visit and the right “stuff” to bring to the DMV for the quickest service.
Going by the handle, “DMV’s Helpful Hints,” the list of where to go, when to go and what to bring is meant to save customers time and frustration.
“We want to decrease the time it takes to obtain your license. You can help make that happen by choosing the time of your visit and by bringing the correct documents when you come,” said DMV Commissioner Nick Tennyson.
The hints are online at http://www.ncdot.gov/download/dmv/DMVHelpfulHints.pdf. They include tips like:
· Plan ahead. How to make an appointment up to 6 months early.
· Visit EARLY. The best hours in the day for visiting.
· Save time and gas. Find the office closest to your work or home.
· Bring the right stuff. Be sure you have the right documents before you visit.
· Know where the crowd is. Check out the busiest offices in the state.
In addition, DMV reminds customers that offices with Saturday hours each week are located in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greenville, Fayetteville, Durham, Asheville, Greensboro, Jacksonville, Monroe and Wilmington. Offices are open the first Saturday of each month in Manteo, Wilkesboro, Ahoskie, Morganton, Smithfield, Sylva, Troy and Shallotte.
NCDMV invites customers to visit “Helpful Hints” to make their next trip for a driver license or ID card easier and quicker.