|NCDOT to Close N.C. 86 Bridge over I-85 in Hillsborough for Night Work
||Tuesday, July 23, 2013
RALEIGH — Weather permitting, the N.C. Department of Transportation
will begin nightly closures on Wednesday, July 24 for the N.C. 86
bridge over I-85 in Hillsborough. The closures are necessary for bridge
joint construction and grooving operations and will take place each
night from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Work should be completed Saturday, July 27,
at 6 a.m.
Motorists are advised to allow an additional 10 minutes for travel to their destination and to use the following signed detours:
Detour for N.C. 86 South traffic:
- Take ramp onto I-85 South;
- Merge onto I-85 South and take Exit 164 to Hillsborough;
- Turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Old N.C. 86;
- Cross over the bridge and turn left to merge onto I-85 North;
- Take the next exit toward N.C. 86 South.
Detour for N.C. 86 North traffic:
- Take ramp onto I-85 North;
- Take Exit 170 to U.S. 70 West;
- Turn left onto U.S. 70 West;
- Take the ramp on the left to I-85 South;
- Take I-85 South to Exit 165 for N.C. 86 toward Hillsborough.
NCDOT reminds motorists to watch signs for construction information, stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter.
Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT
website. To access it, type “m.ncdot.gov” into the browser of your
smartphone. Then, bookmark it to save for future reference. NCDOT Mobile
is compatible with the iPhone, Android and some newer Blackberry