|Future Bridge Builders Compete in Final Round of NCDOT Model Bridge Building Contest
||Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Future Bridge Builders Compete in Final Round of NCDOT Model Bridge Building Contest
WHAT: Model bridge building finalists from middle and high schools across the state compete
WHEN: 9 a.m., Friday, April 12
WHERE: NCDOT Transportation Building Auditorium
1 South Wilmington Street
COMMENTS: Teams in the final competition are:
- Clarkton School of Discovery, Clarkton (Bladen County)
- Exploris Middle School, Raleigh (Wake County)
- Elise Middle School, Robbins (Moore County)
- Polk County Middle School, Mill Spring (Polk County)
- East Bladen County High School, Elizabethtown (Bladen County)
- Franklin Academy High School, Wake Forest (Wake County)
- North Moore High School, Robbins (Moore County)
- Enka High School, Candler (Buncombe County)
NCDOT hosts the statewide Model Bridge Building Competition each year to promote a greater awareness of careers and services provided by the transportation industry. The competition emphasizes development of math and science skills, as well as provides opportunities for students to demonstrate problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, research and presentation skills.
Each school team will be judged in four categories, including: written report, oral presentation, design drawing, and model efficiency.
NCDOT’s Model Bridge Building Competition is sponsored by Carolinas Associated General Contractors.