|NCDOT to Close U.S. 64 Bridge over I-85 Business in Lexington Tomorrow
||Thursday, March 14, 2013
RALEIGH – The N.C. Department of Transportation will close the U.S. 64 bridge over I-85 Business in Lexington tomorrow, Friday March 15 at 5 a.m., weather permitting.
Motorists traveling on U.S. 64 East must take the following signed detour route:
- Exit onto I-85 Business South/U.S. 52 South/U.S. 70 West/U.S. 29 South;
- Take the Salisbury Road (Exit 86);
- Turn right at the top of the ramp;
- Turn left onto I-85 Business North/U.S. 52 North/U.S. 70 East/U.S. 29 North;
- Follow I-85 Business North/U.S. 70 East/U.S. 29 North by taking Exit 87 right and
- Merge back to U.S. 64 East.
Motorists traveling on West Center Street must take the following signed detour:
The Southbound I-85 Business/US 70 West/US 29 South to US 64 west Ramp will be open.
- Turn right onto West Center Street Extension;
- Take a left onto the service road;
- Merge onto I-85 Business South/U.S. 70 West/U.S. 29 South; and
- Exit onto U.S. 64 West.
In the coming weeks, crews will begin bridge demolition work, which will cause lane closures on I-85 Business. This work is part of the $6,000,000 project to rebuild the U.S. 64 bridge and is scheduled to be complete this fall.
NCDOT encourages motorists to go slow, pay attention to construction-related signs and allow plenty of time to reach their destinations safely.
NCDOT encourages motorists driving around the work zone to go slow, pay attention to construction-related signs and allow plenty of extra time to reach their destinations safely.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter. Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT website. To access it, type “m.ncdot.gov” into the browser of your smartphone. Then, bookmark it to save for future reference. NCDOT Mobile is compatible with the iPhone, Android and some newer Blackberry phones.