|Work Underway on Bridge Preservation Project in Randolph County
||Thursday, March 07, 2013
RALEIGH — Work is under way on a bridge preservation project in Randolph County applying a fresh coat of paint to 11 bridges. The N.C. Department of Transportation awarded an $874,245 contract to Klicos Painting Co. of Baltimore, Md. for the project.
The contract calls for the work on all the bridges to be completed by late February 2014. This is part of the NCDOT’s $450 million state-funded bridge plan for 2011-13, which calls for preservation, repairs or replacement of bridges statewide. The plan places a greater emphasis on preservation activities to extend the life of bridges and help prevent costly future repairs and replacements.
The bridges being painted are on:
• Kennedy Road over Uwharrie River;
• N.C. 134 over Little River;
• Providence Church Road over Polecat Creek;
• N.C. 22/42 over Brush Creek;
• East Naomi Street over Polecat Creek;
• Lassiter Mill Road over N.C. 49;
• Riverside Road over Richland Creek;
• Little Bean Street over both Richland Creek and Bachelor Creek;
• Old N.C. 13 over Richland Creek; and
• New Hope Church Road over Little River.
When work is under way at these locations, motorists are urged to watch for any closed or narrowed lanes, reduce speed and follow any construction warning signs. N.C. 134 and N.C. 22/42 will not close or narrow any lanes from 6 to 9 a.m., and 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday through Friday, or during holidays.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter. Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT website. To access it, type “m.ncdot.gov” into the browser of your smartphone. Then, bookmark it to save for future reference. NCDOT Mobile is compatible with the iPhone, Android and some newer Blackberry phones.
*** NCDOT ***