Winter Schedule at Cedar Island-Ocracoke Ferry Route Extended
Will result in a labor cost savings of more than $52,000
MANNS HARBOR — The N.C. Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division announces an extension of its winter schedule at the Cedar Island-Ocracoke route to reduce operational costs.
The current schedule of two departures from both sides will continue through April 2, which is as follows:
• Departing Cedar Island at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.; and
• Departing Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The summer schedule of six departures from both sides will run for two weeks during the Easter holiday (April 3-18) and is as follows:
• Departing Cedar Island at 7 a.m., 10, 11, 1 p.m., 4 and 5:30; and
• Departing Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m., 2, 4:30 and 8.
That Easter holiday schedule will then revert to a regular spring schedule of four runs from each side (April 17-May 22) and is as follows:
• Departing Cedar Island at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4:30; and
• Departing Ocraoke at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4:30.
The six-run schedule will return for the summer, May 22-Oct. 29 (see schedule above).
For updated information about ferry schedules, call 1-800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and press 1, visit www.ncferry.org or sign-up to receive messages on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.