|NCDOT to Close N.C. 86 Bridge over I-85 in Hillsborough for Night Work
||Friday, September 28, 2012
RALEIGH — Weather permitting, the N.C. Department of Transportation will begin nightly closures on Tuesday, October 2 for the N.C. 86 bridge crossing over I-85 in Hillsborough. Closures will take place each night from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. The closure is necessary for milling, paving and bridge deck slab repairs.
Motorists are advised to allow an additional 10 minutes for travel to their destination and to use the following signed detour:
For N.C. 86 South traffic:
- Take ramp onto I-85 South;
- Merge onto I-85 South and take Exit 164 to Hillsborough;
- Turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Old N.C. 86;
- Cross under the bridge and turn left to merge onto I-85 North;
- Take the next exit toward N.C. 86 South.
For N.C. 86 North traffic:
- Take ramp onto I-85 North;
- Take Exit 170 to U.S. 70 West;
- Turn left onto U.S. 70 West;
- Take the ramp on the left to I-85 South;
- Take I-85 South to Exit 165 for N.C. 86 toward Hillsborough.
NCDOT reminds motorists to watch signs for construction information, stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter. Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT website. To access it, type “m.ncdot.gov” into the browser of your smartphone. Then, bookmark it to save for future reference. NCDOT Mobile is compatible with the iPhone, Android and some newer Blackberry phones.